Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Feeling Like Fall - September 14-17, 2012

Mary and I took an extended-weekend trip to the cabin. Enjoyed great balmy weather Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Some trees have begun to show their fall colors and one morning it was down to 36 degrees.

We enjoyed an 8-mile bike ride on the trail west of the Forest Lake Country Store outside Land O' Lakes. Not much in terms of all colors over there yet.

I enjoyed my 10th and 11th sailing excursions of the year. Check out this 29-second video of my sail on Sunday the 16th. I had a pretty brisk wind out of the west. I now believe that shooting video while sailing is as risky as texting while driving.....although I won't do the later. The last time I shot video while sailing, Linds was with me and we tipped in high wind.



We rescued 15 red pine trees from under the power lines on Black Bear Lane. I put four in the ground up north and brought 11 home to plant in the back of our lot in Madison.


No comments:

Post a Comment